Thursday, June 4, 2009

5 weeks...

We're 5 weeks in now, and feeling good! I think this is right about the time I found out with Alex...it was either 5 or 6 weeks, I can't quite remember.

The fatigue is definitely starting to kick in! I wake up in the morning and am already exhausted. Napping, of course, is difficult when Alex wants to get into everything.

There's not much nausea to speak of, but I do get a bit woozy when I don't eat often enough. There's a touch of lightheadedness from time to time, and I tend to get a bit irritable - and of course, it's those days that Alex decides to act up!

My tummy is getting a bit bigger as well, and my poor chest is already twice the size it normally is. But all in all, I can't complain!

I alternate between starving and the thought of food turning my stomach. No cravings or specific aversions yet!

I get the occasional twinges and cramps, which always make me crazy nervous, even though I know there's nothing to worry about. But since I know two people who have miscarried in the past six months, I can't help but be a little nervous! It's like knowing someone it happened to makes it more real...but since everything went so smoothly with Alex and I'm relatively healthy, I'm sure there won't be any problems!

Our first doctor's appointment is set for June 15th...only a week and a half away! I know that as soon as I see that little bean and hear a heartbeat I'll feel a lot better!

Here's my baby belly at 5 weeks...


No comments:

Post a Comment