Tuesday, June 23, 2009

8 weeks!

Here we are...almost a full month after finding out that our family was expanding by two feet (fortunately, only two feet!) Things are still going as well as can be expected, and life is good.

I finally figured out how to describe the nausea/hunger problems....it's like a hangover. You know, where most things make you a bit queasy, but you know you need to eat. So I basically feel like I've had a month long hangover at this point :) In general, though, it's getting better. The nausea is giving way to constant hunger. If I don't eat often enough, I get queasy. So it's an ugly cycle. And most foods are still not appealing. The thought of chicken repulses me, but I've been thinking about bacon a lot lately! Mmmm....bacon....

I haven't gained any weight yet, and my tummy seems to be about the same as it has been - but after a nice big meal, there is definitely a belly there!

The fatigue comes and goes. Some days I need a 2-3 hour nap, others I'm fine all day long (but am ready for bed by 10 pm at the latest!). I did actually sit down and scrap a page last night, though, and really enjoyed that! It felt good to be enjoying my hobby again. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some more scrapping time squeezed in soon - I'm just looking forward to this initial period of blah being over and done with!

And just for fun...the baby is about ½ inch long, its heart has four chambers, it's growing fingers and toes, its brain and nervous system are starting to develop, and its eyes, ears, jaws, lungs, stomach, intestines, and liver are starting to form.

This is what it probably looks like...sort of like a half-manatee, half-human...

fetal development at 6 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment